Farmington Valley Dental Blog
March 4, 2019
Is it common for you to get an adequate amount of sleep (7-8 hours a night), yet still feel sluggish the next day? This could be a warning sign of sleep apnea in Farmington, and it definitely shouldn’t be ignored. As part of National Sleep Awareness Week, dentists are highlighting the importance of getting the rest your body needs by receiving treatment for sleep apnea. Read on to find out about the help available for you!
January 23, 2019
Want to make 2019 your best year ever? A great way to start is by seeing your dentist in Farmington for an oral exam and teeth cleaning. Not only will this enhance your smile, it might catch oral health conditions that could otherwise turn into serious problems.
Five Benefits of Seeing Your Family Dentist in Farmington Soon
If you’re like most of us, then you’ve got a busy plate on your hands already. Why add a dental visit to your hectic schedule? That’s a great question. Here are five good answers:
- To prevent cavities. Do you brush twice daily, floss on a regular basis, and eat a sensible diet? Good for you! Those are all essential to protecting your teeth and gums. But by themselves they’re just not enough. Removing built-up plaque and tartar takes regular treatment from a dental professional.
- To avoid needless discomfort and expense. Toothaches follow cavities like mud follows rain. This is one problem that can hit you in the wallet as well as the teeth, since emergency dental care almost always costs more than regular appointments.
- To catch oral health concerns before they turn into serious problems. Dental care is about more than just cavities. For example, some forms of cancer first reveal themselves as problems in the mouth or throat. It’s a good idea to let your dentist check you out, just to be on the safe side.
- To make sure your records are up to date. An emergency is the worst possible time to learn that your coverage information is incorrect. Seeing your dentist every few months allows the office staff to keep your records current, saving you from frustrating problems down the road.
- To set the right example for your friends and loved ones. Telling your family members that dental care is important is one thing. Leading by example is another. Showing them that you care enough to see your dentist will encourage them to do the same.
What to Expect during Your Appointment
Has it been a while since your last dental visit? If so, then you may be in for a few pleasant surprises. Modern dental care is not only more effective but more pleasant than ever before. Here are some examples:
- Digital imaging equipment allows today’s dental professionals to detect cavities in their earliest stages of formation, enabling speedy treatment and preventing problems down the road.
- Modern anesthetics and sedatives not only ensure patient comfort, they wear off more quickly after treatment is complete, allowing you to go about your business.
- Many patient waiting areas now have amenities like cable TV, on-demand movies, and even warm towels for your comfort. Not only does the time seem to pass more quickly, you’ll leave at the end of your appointment feeling refreshed, not fatigued.
Dental care is an important part of everyone’s life. Make your next appointment today, then get ready for a great 2019. We look forward to seeing you in our office.
About the Author
Thomas G. Peters earned his DMD degree from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. He was voted top dentist in Hartford County five years in a row. You can reach his office online or by calling (860) 677-8500.
November 8, 2018
It’s hard to believe that another year has almost come and gone. With all the preparation for the holiday season and wrapping up loose ends, the last few months of the year are a busy time for everyone. But one thing you may have forgotten on your to-do list is scheduling with a dentist in Farmington! Unfortunately, since your dental insurance is a “use it or lose it” situation, you could be passing up on a significant amount of financial benefits that can be used to help you achieve a healthy smile. Keep reading below to find out what insurance usually covers and get tips on how to take advantage of your benefits!
October 15, 2018
You’ve probably heard since childhood that you need to visit the dentist at least two times a year for checkups. The common reason given for these visits is they help to prevent cavities and other oral health issues. Your dentist says there is so much more to benefit from preventive care appointments, and they provide more than just an opportunity to have your teeth cleaned. Learn how a dental checkup in Farmington can save your life as you read on!
September 4, 2018
In the early days of replacing teeth, patients only had one real solution, especially when their case of tooth loss was particularly extensive. Partial and full dentures helped them rebuild their smile and improve their diet, but it’s no longer the only option available in dentistry today. Now, more complex dental devices like dental implants in Farmington can replace teeth all the way down to the root.
With this in mind, how do you decide which option is right for you?
July 5, 2018
It’s often been said, “You don’t miss your water until your well runs dry.” While this expression can be applied to countless situations in life, one that it’s especially true of is your oral health. An estimated 178 million people in the U.S. are missing at least one tooth, and many people don’t anticipate the effects it will have on their smile. But, as any dentist in Farmington will tell you, there are a lot of consequences for a patient’s overall oral health. Fortunately, modern dentistry offers an effective, reliable solution that looks and feels very natural. So, if you’d like to know more about how missing teeth can affect your quality of life and what you can do about it, keep reading!
June 17, 2018
If you are missing one or more teeth, you have heard about the benefits that dental implants in Farmington can offer. Now, they are the most predictable and reliable option to replace missing teeth. In fact, they provide over a 95% success rate, which is why more than 500,000 are placed every year. Their success largely relies on the materials used to make them. Due to several advancements and improvements over the years, they closely look and feel natural, making them the next best thing to your real teeth.
May 16, 2018
As the spring season is really beginning to take hold, you find yourself more motivated to take better care of your mouth, teeth and gums. The problem is that you don’t have an oral health professional to work with, leaving you wondering how to find the right dentist in Farmington. As you continue reading, you’ll learn 5 simple tips to help you in your quest.
April 12, 2018
When you’re making any major purchase, you probably do a lot of research before you commit to anything. You may look at reviews of a product, seek out expert opinions, and carefully consider how much you’re willing to spend to get the features and performance you want. When you’re shopping for dental implants in Farmington, you should go through a similar process. After all, your oral health is at stake. Here are a few tips to help you find an implant dentist who will give your smile the expert care it deserves.
March 26, 2018
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants are the solution dentists recommend most often. They closely mimic the function of healthy, natural teeth, and with improved stability and longevity, dental implants are the gold standard in dental care. Unfortunately, that gold standard does have a higher price tag than some other restoration options. However, with a potentially lifelong restoration and flawless appearance and function, many patients consider dental implants worth the additional upfront cost. If you want to learn more about the cost of dental implant placement and restoration, continue reading this post, or call a trusted implant dentist near you to schedule a consultation.