January 23, 2019
Want to make 2019 your best year ever? A great way to start is by seeing your dentist in Farmington for an oral exam and teeth cleaning. Not only will this enhance your smile, it might catch oral health conditions that could otherwise turn into serious problems.
Five Benefits of Seeing Your Family Dentist in Farmington Soon
If you’re like most of us, then you’ve got a busy plate on your hands already. Why add a dental visit to your hectic schedule? That’s a great question. Here are five good answers:
- To prevent cavities. Do you brush twice daily, floss on a regular basis, and eat a sensible diet? Good for you! Those are all essential to protecting your teeth and gums. But by themselves they’re just not enough. Removing built-up plaque and tartar takes regular treatment from a dental professional.
- To avoid needless discomfort and expense. Toothaches follow cavities like mud follows rain. This is one problem that can hit you in the wallet as well as the teeth, since emergency dental care almost always costs more than regular appointments.
- To catch oral health concerns before they turn into serious problems. Dental care is about more than just cavities. For example, some forms of cancer first reveal themselves as problems in the mouth or throat. It’s a good idea to let your dentist check you out, just to be on the safe side.
- To make sure your records are up to date. An emergency is the worst possible time to learn that your coverage information is incorrect. Seeing your dentist every few months allows the office staff to keep your records current, saving you from frustrating problems down the road.
- To set the right example for your friends and loved ones. Telling your family members that dental care is important is one thing. Leading by example is another. Showing them that you care enough to see your dentist will encourage them to do the same.
What to Expect during Your Appointment
Has it been a while since your last dental visit? If so, then you may be in for a few pleasant surprises. Modern dental care is not only more effective but more pleasant than ever before. Here are some examples:
- Digital imaging equipment allows today’s dental professionals to detect cavities in their earliest stages of formation, enabling speedy treatment and preventing problems down the road.
- Modern anesthetics and sedatives not only ensure patient comfort, they wear off more quickly after treatment is complete, allowing you to go about your business.
- Many patient waiting areas now have amenities like cable TV, on-demand movies, and even warm towels for your comfort. Not only does the time seem to pass more quickly, you’ll leave at the end of your appointment feeling refreshed, not fatigued.
Dental care is an important part of everyone’s life. Make your next appointment today, then get ready for a great 2019. We look forward to seeing you in our office.
About the Author
Thomas G. Peters earned his DMD degree from the University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine. He was voted top dentist in Hartford County five years in a row. You can reach his office online or by calling (860) 677-8500.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.