March 26, 2018
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants are the solution dentists recommend most often. They closely mimic the function of healthy, natural teeth, and with improved stability and longevity, dental implants are the gold standard in dental care. Unfortunately, that gold standard does have a higher price tag than some other restoration options. However, with a potentially lifelong restoration and flawless appearance and function, many patients consider dental implants worth the additional upfront cost. If you want to learn more about the cost of dental implant placement and restoration, continue reading this post, or call a trusted implant dentist near you to schedule a consultation.
Factors Affecting the Cost of Dental Implants
The main factor that impacts the cost of implant supported tooth replacement plans is the price of dental implant posts and their surgical placement. A single implant can cost between $500 and $1500 even before the cost of surgical placement. Luckily, for patients who need more than one implant post, there is typically a decrease in cost for each additional implant, especially if the implants are placed on the same day. Other factors that affect the cost of dental implants include:
- Many patients need preparatory procedures like tooth extraction and bone or soft tissue grafting.
- Patients may also choose to have sedation dentistry like nitrous oxide or oral conscious sedation to ensure comfort during their surgical treatments.
- The type of restoration needed from a single dental crown to full dentures will impact the cost of treatment.
Benefits of Your Dental Implant Investment
While you will have higher upfront pricing for an implant supported tooth replacement option, there are numerous benefits to making this initial investment, including:
- Longevity – most patients maintain the same dental implant supported tooth replacement option for two or more decades, and in many cases may even keep their restoration for a lifetime.
- Stability – compared with other tooth replacement options, dental implant supported tooth replacements function much more like natural healthy teeth. Implant supported dentures especially offer increased stability with 70% or more restored chewing function compared with 20% improvement with traditional dentures.
- Comfort & health – implants replace the lost root structures of teeth, so they provide the necessary stimulation to maintain healthy jawbone density and gum tissue volume.
Meet Dr. Peters
Skilled Farmington dentist, Thomas G. Peters, DMD, MAGD, is proud to offer safe, effective dental implant supported tooth replacement. Dr. Peters has completed advanced training and continuing education to ensure he offers high quality, long lasting dental implant supported tooth replacement plans. If you have any questions about dental implants or other treatments, please don’t hesitate to call the Farmington Valley Dental team today. We’ll schedule a tooth replacement consultation to review your treatment options and help you achieve and maintain your healthiest, most beautiful smile.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.